Please join us for October's Peer Call: “Innovations in Service Delivery”
Join this peer call to hear from others about their work on innovations in service delivery and discuss your own innovations in service delivery from WIC to other chronic disease prevention and management services. These include strategies to reduce access barriers as well as systems changes that improve/enhance the service experiences. Innovations include, but are not limited to:
• making it easier to redeem healthy WIC foods by providing tailored shopping guides for WIC clients and offering farmers markets on-site where WIC clients pick up their farmers’ market checks as part of larger food systems projects
• reducing barriers to access by offering WIC at new partner sites like your local physician office or Head Start and considering how making changes to local transportation can improve access to and experience with important services
• working cohesively with other community partners on consistent messaging and framing for community health initiatives like working towards Baby-Friendly
• screening for food security and providing non-pharmaceutical resources and information about community resources in clinical settings in interesting, relevant ways (prescription pads, referrals, etc.)
• and considering how to incentivize providing additional nutrition and breastfeeding services in various settings with insurance reimbursement.
NWA Conference Line: 1.877.722.1471 / Passcode: 4527394791