NWA is seeking 5-6 panelists for our session on the CPHMC Project at NWA’s Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA. The session is entitled “The Power of Partnerships to Prevent Chronic Disease and Improve Community Health” and we are seeking panelists to highlight local, state, and/or national partnerships that enabled your coalition to achieve its objectives. Questions for consideration:
- What were the major successes achieved by your local coalition?
- What role did partnerships play and why was it important to have WIC engaged in this work?
- What were the benefits? How did the collaborative partnership help to move the needle and enhance local/state/national efforts in the WIC community?
- Describe any lessons learned that would be beneficial to other local WIC agencies.
- How are you planning to sustain the work?
If you are interested in being a panelist, contact Erin Sanders by February 24, 2016 and briefly describe the partnership(s) that you are planning to highlight in one or two sentences. We would like to have nutrition, breastfeeding, and community/clinical linkage objectives represented as well as both urban and rural communities. The session is scheduled for Tuesday, April 4 from 9:00 - 10:30 am. All travel expenses will be paid by NWA, including transportation, hotel, and meals. Preference will be given to cohort 1 mentors, pre-conference attendees, and anyone attending NWA’s Annual Conference. Please note these designations in your response.